CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Step

I've taken the next step in trying to get this blog more to my own liking and more to my vision of it, whatever that vision might be (some might not consider it a vision, more of a big mess on the wall).
Began working with Gimp to try and come up with a background that I like and I quickly realized that I've really let my Photomanipulation skills go.  It took my 10 minutes to figure out how to resize an image.  Granted Gimp is different than Photoshop, which I'm used to using from past experience...10 minutes though.  What a waste of a good portion of my day.  The interesting thing is I was going to use the work on my blog as a calming exercise, something to take my mind off the real world.

What's going on in the real world you ask?
Well I'll tell you....I would say.

Apartment hunting or apartment application handling.  I happened across a couple of decent places the other day.  One down on Main Street and one just a block from where I am now, both excellent places for my needs.  Problem is that I liked them both and for different reasons.  I had to take the night to sort it out and after sleeping on it (and by sleeping on it I actually mean not really sleeping at all but tossing around and then napping for half an hour) I decided on the one that's just down the street.  I felt it met more of my criteria than the one down on Main Street.
If it was free to make a decision and see the consequences of said decision without commiting myself I would have chosen the one on Main simply because size wise it was huge for a 1 bedroom, it was so big it was nearly a 2 bedroom.  The one I ended up taking is smaller, not by a huge amount but is in a very nice community oriented building which I think will be healthy for my little guy.

What else? Anything else?

Spots on cows are wrong, the world isn't just black and white...that means Michael Jackson is wrong too...but we everyone already knew that.

Peace,

ClX

0 comments: