CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happenings

Aside from realizing I really need to make a point of sitting down and doing a blog entry when I have an idea there's something that I'm really feeling a little off about.  That's apartment hunting.  I'm in the process of looking for a place, 1 bedroom, for me and my son (5).  Based on my income I can comfortable afford something in the range of 500-700, preferably inclusive cause it just makes life easier.
Today I took a look at 2 places, both were well below the value that they were being listed as.
One place listed as $625 was a 2nd floor apartment...no big deal.  The problem is that the stairs going up to the second floor were collapsing, on top of that I'm almost positive that the tenants that were in there before were addicted to Meth, probably not cookers but users no doubt.  There were broken windows very dirty cupboards.  There was a man in painting and he nearly got stuck in the bathroom which was so small that if you stepped inside and took a breath you'd get stuck between the sink and toilet.  Not worth the price at all.
The second place I took a look at was slightly larger, maybe, but as far as a 1 bedroom it was an exaggeration, it was more like a segregated bachelor apartment.  There was a kitchen, off the kitchen was the bathroom and a single bedroom which would have to double as a living room so as it stands that was it, not much else.  The location was far better than the previous one but as far as price goes it wasn't $650 inclusive.
There was one place that I've been looking, or trying to look into.  It's several doors down from where I am now.  I talked to the guy on the phone and it sounds very reasonable.  $690 inclusive, is a large (according to him) with a parking space (should I ever get a car) it's close to my work, my little guy would be able to go the same school that he's already at.  It has all the makings of an excellent place, on top of that the people that own it have a son a year older than my guy so he would have a playmate.  Problem is that I talked to him the other day and left my number, he assured me that once his wife got home that he would call and setup a time for me to view the place.  That was on Tuesday, today is Thursday.  I called this morning and left a message on their machine with my name and number and asked them to give me a call back to setup a time, still no response.  I am very interested in this place but I'm a little pissed that I'm getting nowhere with the people that own it.
I'm wondering if they are stalling because they are waiting for someone specific to come along and ask for it, holding it for someone they already know.
I hope that's not the case and that they are just too busy to take a moment to call, or that there are currently tenants that haven't given any time frame for when the place can be shown.
In the mean time I'm going to have to keep looking in other areas.

I should really also consider looking for another template for this blog, I'm starting to dislike this one more and more.

Peace,

ClX

0 comments: