CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Yesterday...the Longest Day in History

I don't know what it was about yesterday but it never seemed to end.  It felt like it went on for a near indefinite amount of time.
I have suspicions about why it was so long, it didn't help that I was tired.  It was one of those kind of tireds where you feel like you need to stretch further than you are able to in order to be alright, that should make some kinda sense but perhaps not.  I was tired, that was the real point I guess, it wasn't just me though I know my co-worker, Bob, was tired as well and it wasn't because he didn't get enough sleep, he's old so he tends to sleep a lot.
Which leads me to a new factor, the weather.  I know there are people out there that are always complaining about the weather and going on about this or that...too much rain, not enough rain, too much sun, not enough sun, complain complain complain, it's easy to complain about something you don't have any control over makes you feel better.  It was overcast yesterday and I'm sure that was part of it.  In the last two years we've had a huge amount of rain and snow, more so than in any previous years I think.  This summer, like last summer, is turning out to be very wet and the continual cloud cover it playing a factor in not getting us enough sun when we know and expect nice days (at least this is my theory) so we're getting a kinda depressing summer.  Not a good thing, makes the year seem all run together.  You have a year that runs together then nobody really knows the different between one day and the next and then you end up with people all over the place screaming their heads off cause they don't know if its Monday or Tuesday, January or April, St Pattys Day or Hanakkua.

I still have a feeling like my creativity isn't where it should be.  I get the impression it's there, just under the surface waiting to float back to the top and get me going again but at the same time it feels like its not going to happen soon.  I'm hoping that once I get out on my own that that's going to change.  I know I feel kinda out of place where I am, still in the house with the family that's not really mine anymore.  Not to get all sad crappy crappy.  I also don't want to set an expectation that I'm going to have this huge kick of creativity once I'm on my own cause if I don't have it then I really am going to be depressed...well probably not but I won't feel that rush of excitement that I want to get wave of to push my writing and get me back into painting.
Take it easy as the Eagles say, it's going to be a slow process at first, trying to get settled and get scheduling worked out with my mom so that she can watch Andy.  I've also been thinking about when school starts up again, at that point I'm probably going to request a preference for evenings and midnights only because it will make things a little easier as far as getting Andy on the bus and making sure that he's got what he needs in the mornings.  That's a couple of months away still but I think that I'm going to talk to my Supervisor, Bud, about it sometime in the next little while just to ensure the ducks are in a row.
Lousy ducks, think they own Central Park, well I'll show them, I'll show 'em all.

Damn, I'm out of Earl Grey tea, what am I going to drink tomorrow morning?  Not donkey piss that's for sure.

Peace,

ClX


0 comments: