CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Funny Things

There's a lot I keep intending to talk about here but each time I get ready to something else appears that seems more relevant at the time.  For example just the other day at work I came across a booklet talking about various fundraisers through the 2008/09 year, things like MS, AIDS and so on.  There was one that caught my by surprise, not because there was fund raising for it but because of the slogan they had for it.

Hemophilia Ontario
"Help Stop The Bleeding"

Now I understand what Hemophilia is, I understand the need to raise money for it, I understand the want to raise awareness for it but with a slogan 'Help Stop The Bleeding' that seems a little to 'jab you in the eye with a fork'.  I had to do a double take with it and then question it.  Why would you use something that is a fundamentally negative toward the people you are raising money for.
If it was one person who came up with the slogan for this they should be drug out in to the street and shot.  If it was a team of over paid people that came up with the slogan they should all be burned at the stake and their ashes doused with salt.

Of course maybe I'm the only one that has a problem with this, or even sees it this way.

Now that I'm off track what I was intending to say was that I was originally going to blog about the Hemophilia Ontario slogan (see above) but then there were issues at home and more specifically in the cupboards with mice so that was the new topic that was going to take precedence over Hemophilia for the blog, now something else that I feel even more strongly about has come up and that is the issue of creativity in school and in life.

The other night I got an email about genius in children and the lack of creativity in the school system that is hindering our childrens ability to be positive people as well as nurture genius type gifts.  I've only read a little on it and have yet to watch the video attached to the email and articles, which is the only thing stalling me at the moment from writing a full blog on the information.

Again I'm getting off track a little, in the end this was to be a blog about Creativity in the Education system by way of mice in my cupboard (make all the jokes you want about that one) by way of Hemophilia Ontario (again make more jokes, I know I would).  I think in the end its become very little of all three.

I'll try and sort all this out and post a proper enrty on a single topic soon enough.

Peace,

ClX

0 comments: