CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Matters of Interest

The last few days have been something of an interest.
First I got a chance to watch the other 2 movies that I had picked up the other day, School of Rock doesn't count cause I've seen it before and knew it was good.  Forbidden Kingdom and Appaloosa.
Both were a let down.  Forbidden Kingdom I had expectations for going into it since it had Jackie Chan and Jet Li, I was very very disappointed in the overall movie and what it turned out to be.  Too much was trying to be accomplished and it never really got off the ground and got me involved in it.
Appaloosa I was led to believe, by the back cover, that it was a good ol' gun fighting movie, like the Sharon Stone version of Quick and the Dead (fantastic movie!), I was wrong on a number of different levels.  The only really cool character in the movie was the sidekick played by Viggo Mortenson (spelled wrong I'm sure).  Renee Zellwegger was a pain in the ass and a total distraction that you could see coming a mile away, useless on every level.  Ed Harris played his part well when Renee Z wasn't around.  The other bit characters were good and I liked Jeremy Irons as the bad guy, they didn't let the stand off between Ed Harris and Jeremy Irons develop far enough and the ending was about as anti-climactic as a movie can get.  It had a few food spots but it wasn't a bullet driven western, or even a story driven western.

I've been asked to design a logo for a fish company on the East Coast.  It was something that came up this afternoon at work, one of the guys I work with is leaving to go back to a position in the offices of a new fishery company out on the East Coast and was trying to design a logo in Word.  After he found out I had Photoshop experience he asked me to come up with something and if the company likes it he'll see if I can get paid for it.
I'm not expecting anything, it does give me an excuse to really get into the workings of Gimp.  I've sworn off Photoshop since its a gigantic system hog.

Lastly I've done some developing of a character I founded a little while ago and stuck into a script I wrote for the April Script Frenzy challenge.  I finished the script, was only happy with the last half of it.  I'd been rolling around how to edit it and tighten it up immensely and I think I have the idea for it.  If it looks like its going to work out well then I might be able to look at turning it into a comic book, which is would no end of cool, in my opinion.

S'all for now.

Peace,

ClX

0 comments: